The Running Supermom

The Running Supermom
Everyone needs goals!

Friday, June 3, 2011

The trail through LORDA Park

It's raining again...at 7am this morning, so  went back to sleep and got up at 8:30 instead to go for my walk/run. Since I am at the trailer, I walked over to say good morning to Mum and then left for my exploration. First I warmed up by walking the trails by the river, it was pretty and wet, and I likely looked like a lunatic hoofing it along to the beat of my ipod to all the fishermen at the park.

It was pretty along by the river:
After I warmed up down by the river, which likely was about 1km or so of walking, I hitched a ride up to the main road with my dad who dropped me off with these words of fatherly advice: "Be Careful". As I am about to hop out of the truck I pause for a minute and say, "Umm, what am I being careful of? Bears, coyotes, crazy people?"

"Oh, he says - crazy drivers." LOL

So I ran one telephone pole and walked one telephone pole past the lake and to the other driveway. Here's a picture of the lake and John and Crystal's new house way in the distance:
When I made it the 1km along the main road running and walking 50/50, I turned into the driveway and started back in through the woods. It was a pretty day, and the territory is pretty hilly through there. Up a hill, down a hill, up a hill, then the big hill down. After about 2 more km I get within sight of 'home', the trailer (with Michelle and Wayne's trailer beside us).

Since I still had some energy left, I decided to go all the way down the big hill, around the big loop and take the tough hill back to the trailer. My pact was pretty quick as I danced along to Pink feeling like I had a lot of attitude, walking through the country ready to outrun any beast I saw. LOL. Then, just as I hit the big hill to the trailer, a new song came on:

Love in an Elevator
I had to laugh because an elevator would have been useful! Even an escalator at this point. Anyway, I made it to the top and finished up my outing. I'm not sure how far it was, but it took about 40 minutes. Still here tomorrow so I'll have to figure out what kind of route I can do for this long walk/ with more running that needs to be done tomorrow.

Have you been out yet?

1 comment:

Tina said...

Glad you were able to get out today! I headed out today with my kiddies to walk from home to Pete's house....a couple of stops along the way to pick up lost shoes, put on sweaters, turn around and pick up lost shoe again! We just turned on the "bumpy" road to Pete's when the heavy mist hit so it wasn't too bad!