The Running Supermom

The Running Supermom
Everyone needs goals!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Shoes!

Today was the big day! I went to the Running Room and tried on many pairs of sneakers, and after deliberating for quite some time between these and my standard choice of New Balance, I went with these beauties:
They are the Saucony Progrid Omni 9 Ladies in gigantuous size. ;-)  It was my lucky day, because they were on sale!

I was so excited to try my new sneakers I could hardly wait to get home. I ran into the house, got changed, did a few stretches from Runners World.com, strapped on my new sneakers and went out the door.

I was back one minute later because I had forgotten my sunglasses.

Anyway, off I went and started my loop in reverse tonight so I wouldn't have to finish with the big hill on White Road. The first couple of rounds of running went okay and then the sore feet kicked in. I really struggled with the third run and afterwards my feet were really sore. I seriously considered quitting at Andrew & Janah's because my feet hurt so bad. But I really wanted to finish week 2 day 3. So I kept going. By Janet's I had finished the six runs and the cool down and decided that I would stop there and beg a drive from her or call Todd to come and get me. But no one was home at the Trainor house!!! The nerve!!

So I kept on going. By the time I got home I think my feet had long since passed sore and were just numb.  I came inside, did some recovery stretches and then ate my supper. It's an hour later and I'm still eating. LOL.

I don't know what to make of the shoe situation. Now I don't know whether the struggling performance out there was from the new shoes, the reverse direction, or that I just plain sucked tonight.

I've got to figure it out before Saturday, because I need to decide whether to move on to week 3 day 1 or to do a repeat of week 2 day 3.

Anyone with any experience on new shoes have any thoughts? I went to the Running Room to get the right shoes and avoid this. I'm really disappointed at the moment.

On the brighter side, do you know how much you can eat when you are running and manage to not gain any weight????? This is crazy!! I love it!

No comments: