The Running Supermom

The Running Supermom
Everyone needs goals!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Finished of the Couch to 5k Program

So, one day last week I went out and did the last day of the C25k program from Cool Running. Had a great run and between my warm-up walk, my 30 minutes of running and my cool down walk I managed to cover the full 5k.

I AM A COUCH TO 5K GRADUATE!!

I've got a bit of work to do before the 5k race, but that's okay. I've got some time.

The first problem though is the 'hurt' I did to my legs on Wednesday night last week. Got on the treadmill (it must have been raining out or dark, I can't remember which) and after ten minutes of running I had to stop because my legs hurt so badly. I'm not sure what I hurt, but I definitely did something to my lower leg on the inner part. Both legs are sore, but the left WAY more than the right.

I waited it out till Friday and they just ached all day at work, so Friday night I started icing the sore spots two or three times a day. The icing is helping and there is definitely improvement, but they are still sore by times.

I golfed eighteen holes today, and apparently riding along in the golf cart didn't help because they are very sore tonight. I am about to pop a few Advil and start the icing process again. If they are settled down tomorrow then I MIGHT try going for a walk to assess if I can maybe start running again Wednesday, which is a full week off!!

This isn't good for the 5k training! But this too shall pass....

3 comments:

Ingi said...

Woo hoo!!! A big congratulations on finishing C25K! It's a great feeling isn't it???

I had leg issues after finishing too - sore calves and sore hips. Maybe just my body sorting itself out. They slowed my progress post-C25K, but mostly gone now and I can run properly again.

Ice, rest and lots of stretching after you run helps :-)

Allen said...

CONGRATS on graduating! Hope your legs feel better soon! Lovin your blog!

Ingi said...

Where'd my comment go???? Anyhoo, I said something along the lines of "Woo HOO!". That's great work!