The Running Supermom

The Running Supermom
Everyone needs goals!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The 5k Wine Run

That's right - I have found another run to consider. It's in Wolfville the first week of November at the Muir Murray Estate Winery and provides water AND wine during the run.

Now, I know it will be chilly in November, but if I can have a glass of wine every 2.5k how cold and cranky could I possibly be?

I think you need to seriously consider doing this fun run with me. How fast could the expected pace be? We're gonna drink wine every 2.5k (and afterwards!). And....you have eleven weeks to train, plenty of time to do the Couch to 5k program. And...you could have the pleasure of being at a run with Michelle and I (supposing I can convince her that her health depends on her participating in this fun run (after all, wine is good for your heart, right?)





I did week 9 day 1 last night, 30 minutes of straight running. Had to use the treadmill because Todd was out with friends and I didn't want to leave the kids. My legs were sore afterwards but are surprisingly fine today AFTER I got moving a bit. The first 10 minutes weren't so pretty.

I made it 4.5k in my 30 minutes of running plus 12 minutes of walking.

Think about the wine run!!

No comments: