The Running Supermom

The Running Supermom
Everyone needs goals!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Introducing the "shy friend"

Yes Yes - the illusive shy friend has arrived and am feeling ready to contribute. Simply because I am now in w3d1 and feel that I am committed to the process. Before this time I did not want to contribute in case I dropped out of the regime and would have to admit my failure.

Let me start at the beginning...........

My good friend Wanda four weeks ago decided that we (meaning her and I) were going to run a 5K before she was forty. Already having met that milestone myself (turning 40 not running a five K - Let us all be clear about my limitations) I really paid little attention to her. However as she began her journey I quickly realized that I would be participating regardless if I was willing or not. For those that know Wanda they recognize my challenge because Wanda is a bit competitive (cough cough)....okay a lot competitive. So seeing as I am going to have to run this 5K with her I better bite the bullet and train.

So here I am at w3d1 and feeling really quite proud of my accomplishments. I have never jogged in my life. In fact every time Wayne and I pass a jogger he says "open the door and put them out of their misery" and I have to say I am tempted. :-)

I am actually looking forward to w3d2.

A guy I work with has also started the regime (along with his wife) and is enjoying it as well. So I am thinking that I am not only responsible for improving my own health but am contributing to others as well.

I will have to say I am not looking forward to week 4 when I am expected to run 5 minutes.

Special thank to Laura the nice woman on my podcast who tells me what a great job I am doing and forces me to go that one step further even though my thighs are screaming in pain. I suspect by week 6 I may be tempted to say something nasty to her.

M

3 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Let me officially welcome you to the blog! Great job - and I am NOT competitive.

;-)

Tina said...

Yeah M!!!! Glad to hear it is going well for you too!

Ingi said...

You go for it! It is such a wonderful program and before you know it, you will be running that 5K.