The Running Supermom

The Running Supermom
Everyone needs goals!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Running Supermom

OK - this is it. I've got a bit of time left before a big birthday, and I intend to use it wisely. No more eating all of that delicious food. No more never exercising. No more fun. Well - ok - I REFUSE to give up the fun!!

So here's my plan. I am a couch potato. So much so that I am enjoying the pleasure of typing this blog right from my living room couch. I weigh too much, and I am totally out of shape.

But the buck stops here! I am investing in an ipod shuffle tomorrow because you need a good toy to motivate you to exercise. I am going to plug it full of fun music that is going to get me moving, and I am going to learn to run. I am going to change my diet, and I am also going to lose weight. I think I am even going to try to have fun with this.

So if anyone ever reads this and would like to join in on the fun and the good health benefit side effects, just let me know. For now - I am going to post something here several times a week. It will either be an update on my workout for that day, a yummy and healthy recipe for you to try, or something fun to celebrate our successes.

And remember, if I can do this - anyone can. I have only ever run once before: I was 19 and much more fit. I stumbled and fell on the road and managed to get roadrash from my ankle to my arse. Fortunately Todd was with me and helped me back to his house, but he did withstand some strange looks from neighbours for the abuse they must have thought I suffered at his hands. LOL - I promise an update soon to let you know if I can run without falling, for at least the distance between two telephone poles.

No comments: